Friday, March 8, 2013

She dreamed me before she met me.

I have another blog that has been wanting to materialize for quite some time now also...
It is of a little Peruvian woman opening the door to a set of sister missionaries, one a native Peruvian,  the other, a tall, blonde American.  We had never met before but when her eyes met mine her jaw dropped.  I was brand new out in the field, debating my decision of being there and not understanding anything at all.  She tried explaining that she knew me.  I tried explaining we had never met.  She insisted that we had met.  As the conversation unfolded I came to understand that she had a dream with me in it the night before.  She dreamed that I was running as fast as I could.  Up hills, down hills, up hills, down hills, mountains, valleys...

I have reflected a lot on her dream.  The thought that she had dreamed of me before we met.  Interesting.  Preexistence?  I may have to wait to find out why this transpired.  But the message in the dream... I have had a wonderful life.  I am very blessed.  It has been a lot of  up hill and downhill.  Some days are as tough as sprinting up the side of a mountain and others are as slippery as sliding down.

Each stage in my life since than, however different, a common theme has been prevalent.  I keep running.  Keep moving.  I believe that a still person cannot be inspired to go in the direction that they are needed to go.  They must move.

At the time I took that as answer to keep going.  Stick it out on the mission, no matter the hills or the valleys needed to climb.   Keep going.

I now picture my life.  Mom of three great kids, wife to a hard working husband, owner of a landscaping business, working with a biotech company, referee, aspiring chef (haha!), and whatever else I decide to be.  I know that if I keep moving, improving myself and keeping my eye towards the over all goal of having my eternal family, I will be lead in the direction I need to go.



1 comment:

  1. this is great! I haven't known you for that long, but you are a perfect example of someone who keeps going!

    ReplyDelete