Thursday, May 9, 2013

Screaming in to an empty room eating chocolate chips

Have you ever just screamed in to an empty room?

I have several times these past couple days.  I always think that it will make it easier to relieve stress or be able to evict emotions,  but I have found it usually doesn't help.  Chocolate chips have a slight edge on screaming into the empty room.

It is times like these when I feel pressure from every direction to appease everyone's needs and requests and cannot humanly do it that I so easily forget that there are hidden miracles in everything.  And so now as I sit here completely mentally and physically exhausted stifling my desire to scream into the dark room I am going to jot down a few of the hidden miracles that occurred today.

My kids were watched over and taken care of by an amazing friend today.  They came home happy and and tremendously tired from playing and wanting to eat "chocolate sandwiches"... hahah

We have wonderful clients who are open and honest with us.  We also have clients who have been waiting for us to do their landscaping for over a year.  Finally finishing their project they are so excited to be able to plant their garden and perennials!  It amazes me how we find such great people to work with!

Part of the stress is that everyone would like their projects done now.   I keep fighting the urge to go hide under the bed when my phone rings because it is one more person needing a bit of work done!  One man called today to request we fix his broken system.  I expressed how far behind we are and I could not possibly take anyone one right a way and that he would have to wait several weeks.  He agreed happily!

Honesty is the best.  I cannot please everyone all at once.  What takes priority is my family... my husband especially.  He pays for the brunt of the crazy emotional waves of his crazy wife!  He is the hidden miracle that every day I am more grateful for.  He is constant and sure and strong... pretty good looking too!

I was told today by one of my throwers.  You were a pretty alright referee.  (That never happens!!)

Whew... I no longer feel like I need to scream.  My head is no longer swimming with craziness.  I feel like I can now slumber.

good night

No comments:

Post a Comment