Sunday, March 13, 2011

Last night I felt peace

It has been a long time since I have actually felt peace... the peace that leaves you feeling like you are unstoppable, that everything well be alright and that you can completly trust that you will make it through.  It's like after going to the chiropractor and she adjusts the upper mid section of your back... right in between your shoulder blades up to your neck and you get off the table and feel marvelous, because you had no idea how much pain your back was really in because you just dealt with it and didn't have time to pay it any attention.  Life goes on. 
I remember feeling that kind of in depth peace a few times in my life.  The most prominent when I was sitting in the temple in Provo contemplating having left my boyfriend to go on the mission...  Did I make the right choice, should I go back?  I felt a rush of peace surge my body and the feeling come over me to trust and have courage.  That has stuck with me through the rest of the years to the present.  But I have been needing to feel that pure, saturating and penetrating peace again.  I needed recharged.
I laid in bed last night next to my husband praying and that feeling came over me again and the thoughts, Trust, courage.  I was so greatful that my Father in Heaven loves and knows me so well that he allows me to feel a portion of the peace and trust that he has for us. 

Now as I lay in bed, I don't feel that magnitude of peace, but I know that it was spoken to me and I can remember and rely on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment