Friday, February 25, 2011

All you need is a little love.

I was driving home from reffing my basketball game this evening... Kind of ruffled up because I hate feeling like nobody likes me... and a little frustrated that with scholastic issues occurring in the life of my husband.  I was planning a huge speech in my head about "I told you so's" and "don't you care's" and "Come on's" which was just causing me to get more ruffled under the feathers and drive probably way too fast.  Upon arriving at my destination to pick up the kids I was ready to let off some steam.  (Wii boxing definitely helped)  but as I continued on my journey home, the thought landed and materialized in my brain and heart...  you really just need to love you husband.  I had tried soo hard all week long to use different methods of motivation, bribing, ragging, threatening, silent treatment, distraction... the list goes on.  The final result was me being frustrated and James coming home like a tank.  I knew that all my nagging all week long did not leave a pleasant spirit in our home but I was desperate.  So desperate that I was denying myself the ability to be led by the spirit and let my prayers be answered.  I now know that the only way I will be able to help him light his spark of motivation, passion, and brilliance will be to love him harder than ever before.  (And yes I am going to read the five love languages.  (I was recommended that I read this book years ago... but didn't... guess I finally have learned part of a lesson.))

So onwards and upwards...How do you all love harder and more?  Tender mercy for me tonight.  My prayer was answered...  James did not do well on his project (even though I prayed really hard for this.  Turns out I can't control this part the mercy)... but I found out how I can help him out.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you posted this. I have been doing the same things to motivate Caleb about things. This just made sense and now I too can have a better focus.

    ReplyDelete