Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Addictions

I have friends who give me a hard time that I would much rather save coins in a jar for garagesaling ( I swear it is a verb)  than for a day at the spa or a vacation...  But it is true.  I get such a rush from getting a good deal on something I could or could not need.  (However, I always argue that we will always need something or know of someone to need something... right?)  I have been going through withdrawals this past couple months and have been needing something to fill the frugality need in me.  My solution?  Blogs... more specific "do it yourself blogs."  I have all of a sudden resurrected the crafter that I attempted at being while I was in 4H oh so many years ago.  (I never really made it passed making a jewelry holder.)  I now am able to get a rush off of redecorating my house, giving gifts with out spending and use up some of the must have garage sale finds that have been storing up.  Annie was invited to a Birthday party the other day and I put to use my "fabric flower" making skills to throw together some headbands for her.  (hehe  I even made one for me!)  I built a shelf for my bathroom, painted two plant pots, made a blanket for Annie, recovered two lamps and am in the process of making covers for my pillows!!!  Mostly all from materials that I have either picked up really clearanced or from freecycle!  Wowsers! I even picked up a new area rug for our dining room that is in perfect shape and actually matches for free!!!  Next on the list to do... redo my laundry area.  Good luck!

Just some of the little tender mercies to help us get through the day!  Gotta love those addictions!

1 comment: