Monday, April 4, 2011

According to me...

My highlights from conference... according to me.

Paying you tithing is not a gaurantee that you will be rich monetarily.... but you will have the necessities.
- We should not have made it through this past winter on what we were able to save from last summer and the little that we earned doing the little side jobs that we do.  Each month the account is almost drained and then all of a sudden we pay our bills and there is just a bit left over.  Every bill has been paid and have food and money for gas and a home to live in.  Wowsers!  That really should not have happened!  Tithing is a true principal that I cannot afford to not pay.  It is also said that a couple that pays an honest tithe are less likely to get a divorce.  Go figure.  It's all about being submissive, meak, etc.

Love your spouse with a pure love...
- I have really been trying lately to speak James love language and fill his love tank... (I know it sounds cheesy but I don't know how else to say it.  (five love languages))  His languages are quality time and acts of service.  We've shot our bows, I've been a little better at making a lunch for him, making sure he has socks folded when he puts them on so early in the morning... and other stuff.  I think we are benefitting from it.  He seems more motivated and ready to succeed.

Just let it go...
- There are just a couple things that bother me now and then.  They are like a bad zit you can't ever really pop.  It just comes and goes but never really comes to a head and you try popping it but it just scabs over and the infected part never comes out...(you know? Those really bother me, but that's not what I'm talking about.)  I was thinking about it yesterday while I listened to conference and just as I was getting my undies in a bundle over it, the speaker said, "Just let it go."  Or something to that matter.  All I can do is my best and be the most obedient that I can be and the rest well fall into place.

If you have faith, you need not fear...
- That is one thing that has been on my mind.  How well this summer go?  Are we going to be able to pull it all together and find work and be able to pay the gas bill?  Worry is a sign of fear, which is oppisite of of faith.  I know that if I am actively engaged in serving and being obedient I will not need to fear or worry because I can trust that we will come out on top.

Parenting talk...
- I am overwhelmed sometimes about the responsiblity that I have as a mom to teach and instill virtuous principles in the lives of my kids.  The one thing I know is that it is not possible to prepare them to have an eternal family themselves without basing my teachings on those of Christ and helping them learn from His stories.  Positive discipline and reinforcement of Christ like attributes are the most correct ways to build a solid foundation to allow them to develop and mature into the very elect people that they are. 

Preparing to go to Temple...
- My Grandma always taught her family that they were to be sealed in the Temple, nothing else mattered.  At her funeral, my uncle shared his insight that that was the best thing she could have ever taught because of the kind of choices and lifestyle you have to make to be able to reach that goal.  My new goal is to have a picture of a Temple in every room. 

Receiving chastisement...
- I like to think that I am a person that likes to be bettered... but sometimes it is hard for me to choke down criticism.  (I think because I am a "verbal affirmation" love language type.  I feel loved when people compliment me.  I starve for it sometimes and then get cocky when I get it.)  So when I get criticism my defensive mechanism fires up and attacks.  Then the defensive system gets taken out of order and the self improver in me tries to take what I can from it and become better.  This sometimes takes a while and sometimes rather quick.  The afflicted are comforted and the comfortable are afflicted. 

So if you have made it to the end of my little reminder list of some of what stuck out at my while I watched conference than congrats... I think.  All I know is that I have so many areas in my life where I need to improve and better.  The number one goal is to become more Christlike.   Here we go!  We are unstoppable right?

No comments:

Post a Comment