Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chalk, $100, Tires

Three tender mercies as of late.
1. I went to the local auction yesterday to look for some very needed tires for our truck and trailer.  Turns out that you need tires to have rubber cover the metal binding for them to be safe....  :)  So, the tires obviously went for three times the price I was willing or able to pay for them.  As I was observing the items being auctioned off I saw a cute little pink storage container, a helmet, and a huge container of chalk.  I thought, "oohhh!  Annie and Hank would love it!"  As it always proves true, the lot went for alot more than I could or would pay for it.  The funny thing is the old man standing next to me bought it.  I leaned over and jokingly said, "that'll be fun for you to draw pictures on your sidewalk!"  He said, "I am looking forward to it."  But really is was for his little granddaughter.  I remarked, "She will love it!  I know my little girl would."  We bid each other well... kind of... I got a phone call and walked away.  As I entered the building again, the old man found me and insisted that I take the chalk for my little girl.  I was touched by his sincerity and kindness and recognizing an opportunity to let someone feel that they were listened to and cared that their little girl could have fun with a box of chalk.  
2. A phone call from our kind, wonderful, and very amazing landlords resulted in our rent being lowered for the winter months.  That just doesn't happen ever!  I so desperately want to be able to do for another family what they have done and are doing for our family during this time of our lives!  We will pass this Huge tender mercy forward!  We are so indebt with blessings!
3. The forementioned tires that went to the auction to buy and then didn't... well, we were given a set that will work perfect from my parents and my grandpa!

This I believe is proof of the simple concept... If you give what you have, you will be provided for!  We are so grateful for the little miracles that occur everyday!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Amanda! We were just discussing gratitude last night for FHE! We miss you guys! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete