Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Truth

I should be sitting here doing my billing for the previous month... or a million other things.  I cannot stop contemplating and rethinking over and over one simple concept.  The concept... what is truth and how do I know what is true?  I have been thinking over the past couple months of what are things that I can absolutely without a doubt say that I know to be truth.  Not "maybe truths", not "it would be nice if they were true", or "I am pretty sure it is truth".  (Hopefully you are following me still.)
I have discovered that I have a list that is rather small of complete and absolute truths that I can say with all depth and sincerity of my heart are true and will never change no matter what or whoever changes or influences any aspect of the purity of the truth.  (There are other truths that I know, but they hinge on the fact that these truths are true.)

The truths I know:
1. This is the most important.  I know that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father and that I am of divine worth.  I know that He loves me and knows me very well and perfectly.  I know I can pour out my heart to Him in gratitude and sorrow and know that I will be understood and be given comfort and strength.

2. I know that I have an elder brother Jesus Christ who is my Savior and Redeemer.  I know that He gave His life for me personally and atoned for my mistakes.  I know that He can identify perfectly with how I feel in every situation in my life.

3. I know that when I try to base my life on His example of how he lives His life, I will be happy.

4. I know that the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ.  It is the book that will bring you the most happiness and understanding when studied than any other act.

5. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that he was able to restore Christ's church once again on the earth in it's fulness.

6. I know that my family loves me and accepts me.

7. I know that I have alot to offer and through serving others and giving of the blessings that we receive as a family we are entirely blessed one hundred fold.

I came to find these truths not because anyone told me to believe them.  I have put to practice the "try it and find out" method with a lot of prayer and even more trial and error.  I cannot nor will I ever deny these truths.  It runs that deep in who I am and where I come from eternally.

1 comment:

  1. Knowing what you believe is both wonderful and powerful. I love that I know you believe these things by how you live your life.

    ReplyDelete