Sunday, November 20, 2011

"I picked this dress out all by myself to wear to the temple."

These were Annie's words as she came to sit down with us to our late dinner of pizza and homemade banana pudding this evening.  She was wearing a white dress with little shoulder straps and a huge smile.  She was so proud.  And we were very impressed that our little drive past the closed for maintenance Billings temple last week paid off.  We asked her what she was going to do at the temple.  She said, "Go inside."  and the with further prodding of what she would do inside, she said, "Get married to Hank."  We will work on straightening that one out later... hehehe. 

At my Grandma's funeral, one of my uncles shared that the lesson that he remembered most from growing up from his mom was the importance of being married and sealed in the temple for all time and eternity.  All of her 7 kids were able to achieve this great blessing and the family has been so blessed for it. 

That has become one of my most important principles that I wish to teach my children, to be married in the temple.  All of the choices leading up to this goal are choices that will bring them safety, joy, peace and strength.  They will know who they are, who their savior is and most importantly that they can be an eternal family. 

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe! For weeks John has been saying he is going to marry Meredith! I finally convinced him to marry another little girl in our ward so now he tells everyone he is going to marry Madelyn Pendley.

    ReplyDelete