Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not enough just to be a nice person...

Frustrated and ready to walk out I heard my coach on the outside of the net say, "explode into it!" Explode... that is what I want to do in more than one way, I thought. As I walked out to retrieve my shotput he came up beside me and said, "It may not be enough just to be a nice person." and walked off. Ahhh. What did that mean? I later confronted him on it , thinking I would get an indepth explanation as the the inner workings of ones soul and being. He simply said, "I don't remember saying that." It may have been a thought passing by in his mind, but it has stuck with me since. (and might I add that has been several years ago.) Was I too nice, did I not have what it takes, did I need to be mean? Everyday this saying has led me to think of different meanings for it. But as we sat at dinner tonight at 9:45pm and discussed what we would do with a million dollars a year we both decided we would pay it forward. We are sooo blessed with so many good people around us. We live in a wonderful home that two wonderful people allow us to live here for a price we can manage as students, we have working vehicles, so many wonderful and consistant clients, loving and supportive family, talents, awesome kids, most of all we have the truth and restored gospel. We were pretending to be equivalent with ... Bill Gates!! funny comparison I know. The first thing that we wanted to do was buy several homes and rent them out for super cheap so that young families like us could have a place to enjoy and love and grow. (We have wonderful landlords that help us out and provide a great example of this.) We would also love to help anyone out with a vehicle that needs one. Just helping provide for those that truly deserve it and are working their tail end off to be obedient and righteous and make ends meet. I was told this evening, you guys are just way too nice... I don't feel that we do enough and that we are so far behind with pay it forwards that we may never catch up... So when we grow up, watch out, we may become landlords! oh and if anyone can decode "it's not enough to be a nice person" I sure would love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment